Saturday, September 19, 2009

Baileys Bday Cake

I worked on this bday cake all day! And it was fun but it's also hard work! This lil girl Bailey is going to be turning 6 and her mom hired me to do her bday cake.
She wanted something that had to do with soccer but she also wanted it to be cute and girly..then she called and told me that they liked the colors pink, purple, blue, and green.. so I put all those colors into the cake! I've never made a soccer ball before tho... or any other kind! lol, but this one actually turned out pretty good! I hope Bailey will be very happy with this cake!




Lol! Leah found the cake mix!! I of course had to take it away... Gave her a banana instead! yummm chocolate.. I made the chocolate buttercream icing from scratch

First time I ever cut out letter outta fondant.. and with a knife!

And this is the first time I tried to make a soccer ball!! Carved it, iced it, and put the fondant on! Ta-Dah! Don't think you can really tell in this pic but I put edible glitter on the letters, so her name is sparkly!

3 comments:

  1. i love how you took pics of the steps....now im going to be making one soon, and im a bit nervous, lol, im sure im going to miss an important step and screw up the whole thing....and i know its going to cost me a bit of money too, especially since i really dont have anything....wish me luck, i might be asking you what to do!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girly! Wow you are awesome!! That is so cool, wish I lived closer so you could make Brooklyn's 2nd birthday cake next week! Way to go girl :) I miss you guys so much, love ya, Cass

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do you make your own icing? can i steal one of your ideas!!! :)

    ReplyDelete